Do you always wonder how to start the day with your students on the first day of school? This back to school challenge is a great way to introduce students to their classroom and their classmates while you can observe students work and watch how they interact.
This self-guiding activity has students work through three (easy) challenges:
* Word Search
* Multiplication problems
* Writing prompt
Each challenge leads to a clue that will tell students what to do next. Simply print the packet on colorful paper, set the packet on each students desk, provide them with a pencil and watch the magic happen! Students will have fun engaging with each other and learning a little about each others summer vacations.
This activity provides teachers with:
* A first day of school writing sample from each student
* An idea of how your students interact with each other
* An understanding of how well students follow instructions
* A sample of multiplication fact work for each student
* A handwriting sample from each student
…. and so much more!
This activity is appropriate for 3rd through 5th graders.