Also included in
- This bundle of back to school literacy and math activities for first grade includes everything you’ll need to get your learners off to a strong start at the beginning of the school year! These resources are a great way for you to bring your students back up to speed, to review, and to informally ass$28.00$40.00Save $12.00
Have each of your students create his or her own page and combine them into a back to school class book. It's a fast and easy way to get your students writing and to build your collection of Just Right Books for independent reading! You'll be creating some of the most popular books in your classroom library!
Each of these five back-to-school themed titles for PreK, kindergarten, and first grade includes...
* A full color cover
* A template page for each student to draw and write about the topic of the book, supplied in both full color and b/w versions
* A whole class graphing activity that can also be a part of your finished book.
How can you use class books with your students?
* Use them to launch discussions about diversity and tolerance. We are all different, we are all alike!
* Model creating your own page before your students write. Think aloud about capital letters, punctuation, blending and segmenting, etc., and model reading your own writing aloud as a way to self-correct.
* Complete the class graphs together and make data analysis questions part of the lesson. After modeling, encourage your students to create their own questions.
* Create a special place in your class library for class books, and encourage your students to think of themselves as authors!
If you're distance teaching or in a hybrid classroom, there are suggestions for use included!
The topics in this set are backpacks, school lunches, birthdays, student names, and families.
Suggestions for binding and using the books are also included.
* NOTE: This set is part of Class Book Collection: 24 Books for the Whole School Year. Save by planning ahead and buying the bundle!
Thanks for your interest in this product!
You'll also like Making Class Books: October and November.
Would you like to save money on your next Teachers Pay Teachers purchase? It's easy! Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about this product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most useful for your classroom!
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Click here to follow my store.
follower. You will receive customized email updates. ☺