Based upon “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See” by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle, the children will be delighted to see themselves as the main characters in this classroom book entitled “Pre-K, Pre-K, Who Do You See?” or “Kindergarteners, Kindergarteners, Who Do You See?” This book is a great tool to use year-round to facilitate children integration at the beginning of the school year, for assessments, and as a yearbook souvenir. It introduces, develops, and reinforces basic pre-reading skill mechanics.
***** GREAT MATERIAL to USE the WHOLE SCHOOL YEAR *****
Grade Levels: Pre-kindergartners and Kindergarteners
Setting: whole class and small groups
The package comes with:
- a fun colored book of 32 pages which is already set up for 25 children and can be modified to your convenience. The book was designed to facilitate social integration within the classroom at the beginning of the school year, promote pre-reading skills (top to bottom, left to right, return sweep, voice print match) during the school year, and as a yearbook to finish the school year.
- a black and white version of the original book with no background can be used right away with the children to enhance their involvement in learning process based on the objectives of the lessons (reading skills, writing, self-representation).
- a worksheet focusing on early English language skills (reading and writing) that fosters the concepts of sentences, words, letters, and punctuation with basic mathematical skills such as counting.
- a worksheet promoting writing skills, reading skills, phonemic awareness and self-representation.
- an interactive pocket chart as an extension of the book with words and picture cards (15).
- 2 different assessment record sheets for each grade level.
- convenient lesson guides for you and ideas on how to integrate/reintroduce these items during the school year.
The entire package is comprised of 57 pages, all modifiable to your convenience. Please note that the package can only be used for you classroom.
Download it today for use during the whole school year. You and the children will have fun using this material!