Ever feel like you spend the first day of school boring your students by doing all the talking?
Get students up and moving by letting them explore their new classroom. Even better, get them familiar with technology from day one. All you need is a device with a QR reader!
This resource is completely EDITABLE! How it works:
1. Choose 7 areas or items in your room you would like students to find.
2. Type these into the editable PowerPoint document
3. Place the corresponding QR code at each location
4. When students scan the QR code their device will display a letter, this is what students write on their recording sheet.
5. Once all 7 letters are recorded students should have spelled out the word WELCOME.
Two recording sheets are provided one that offers students a prize once they’ve discovered the code word and one that does not.
Not 1 to 1 with devices? No problem! Have students complete this activity in partners or groups. Add some friendly competition and see which group can finish first!