This set, Back to School: Classroom Unity Squares, is the perfect icebreaker for the first day of school. Not only is it a great way for students of all ages to get to know each other, but it will also help students build trust, learn tolerance, and it will help you create a warm, safe, and accepting classroom environment.
I have included four variations of unity squares, so you can choose the ones that best fit your preference and need.
Here’s what’s included:
*Set of 26 alphabet letter squares (black and white)
*Set of 26 alphabet letter squares (background is colored, letters are black and white)
*Set of 15 shape squares (black and white)
*Set of 15 shape squares (background is colored, shapes are black and white)
*Set of 6 colored and 1 black and white wall poster with the “Together We Are…” statement
Wall Poster says:
We Are Better…
Choose the squares you want and then follow these steps.
1. Distribute squares to students (you may prefer to let them choose the design they like the best. If you use the letter squares, you can give each student the first initial of their name.)
2. Show students the example Classroom Unity Squares Wall Poster they will be creating (picture included).
3. Briefly discuss adjectives and then instruct students to write their name on their square along with five adjectives that describe their personality.
4. Make markers, colored pencils, and crayons available and give students time to decorate their squares.
5. Choose one of the “Together We Are…” posters and tape it to a wall or classroom door. Make sure there is plenty of space for each of your students to add their squares around the poster.
6. As students finish their squares, have them tape their square around the “Together We Are” poster.
Creating the right classroom atmosphere is so important. Students need to feel safe and accepted. They need to know that they can share their successes and mistakes without fear of judgment or rejection from their peers. These classroom unity squares will help you build an awesome community of learners.
Block Letter Clip Art by Classroom Doodle Diva https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Classroom-Doodle-Diva
LL Elementary Dots Font and Background Graphics by Lovin Lit http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/store/Lovin-Lit
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much for your support and I would greatly appreciate feedback about my products. Don’t forget: you can earn TpT credits if you leave feedback on a purchased product.