This 'Back to School' material was created to help students learn 'school' vocabulary and behavior. The clips were designed to for students to address multiple goals while keeping little minds thinking and little hands busy.
There are two, included options for play however the activity is flexible and should be easily adapted to your needs.
- Have the student clip each object or action square to the large image . Have the student state “what is being done” if you are using the school image or “what will go in the backpack” if you are using the backpack image. Students may use a carrier phrase on the sentence strips if they need help.
- Give each child a clothespin. Place the large image in front of the students. Read the sentence strips one at a time. The students must listen for the sentence that matches their picture, then they can clip it to the large image.
- Students may use the included sentence strips to assist in sentence generation. They may match the image to the correct strip and use the phrase on the strip to assist in sentence generation.
-Once a student has completed the desired activities for each large image, they may complete the included worksheets. When each worksheet has been completed, students may put them together to make their own book. A cover is included for each book. Books are created in black and white and grayscale
- 2 large images ( School and Backpack )
- 20 clip squares ( 10 for school and 10 for backpack )
- 20 sentence strips ( 10 for school and 10 for backpack )
- 2, 10 page black and white books with covers
These clips can be used to help teach school vocabulary, pronouns, verbs, grammar, behavior expectations, etc.
This activity is geared towards grades Pre-K to 2nd.