This 2-minute video is designed to be a daily "commercial of your classroom." It teaches children to use comprehension strategies before, during, and after they read. The tune will help concepts to "stick" in your students' brains, and I've highlighted key words in red as a research-based way to further promote retention.
Along with the video that streams from TpT, you'll get:
1. A private link to the video on Vimeo--ONLY accessible to people who purchase the product on TpT. From Vimeo, you can stream and/or download the video--for classroom use only, please!
2. A packet that includes projectable full-color lyrics, black-and-white lyrics for poetry/reading notebooks, bookmarks that highlight eight strategies, "I Can" posters that highlight the eight main strategies in the song, an additional 24 "I Can" posters that include additional strategies from K-2 Common Core State Standards, and detailed K-2 standards alignments.
3. An editable PowerPoint in which you can write your own words on posters to fit your individual students' needs.
4. The song as an mp3. You can just play it from your computer or burn it to a CD (for your classroom use only).
5. The karaoke version of the song, as an mp3. Use this as a motivation to promote fluency (reading quickly with expression) or for a performance. You also may want to change the words as you sing as a class.
Encourage kindergarten, first grade, second grade, ELL, and special education students to...
1. Brainstorm comprehension strategies before singing.
2. Read as they sing the video.
3. Read lyrics as they listen to the song (without watching the video).
4. Practice strategies daily.
You may also like my 31-video Phonics Time COMPLETE set: Please click HERE
. This set includes:
1. Access to all videos--to stream and download.
2. All 31 mp3 songs
3. An illustrated 35-page student lyric book
4. A 28-page teacher's guide including an introduction to phonics; teaching ideas to implement before, during, and after playing songs; and 3 quick assessments
5. Any "extras" that come with individual files on TpT
6. Access to my website, where I've featured all 31 videos along with simple lesson ideas on one convenient page.
Please also consider my:
31-video "Common Core KinderMath" Kindergarten Math Videos Set
38-video Common Core 1st Grade Math Set
***Note that ALL of my products are GUARANTEED. If you are not completely satisfied, I will refund your purchase price. Just write to me on TPT or directly at email@example.com.
Thanks for trying my materials!