Back to School Digital Cell Phone Craftivity-for Google Drive™
Take a Peek at My Cell…What Can You Tell?
Want an easy and fun activity to get your students comfortable with Google Drive right from the start of the year?
This Back to School Digital Cell Phone Craftivity is the perfect way for students to learn some basic Google Drive skills, while sharing about themselves and getting to know each other!
This resource includes 25 different styles of cell phones and texting templates, so there is something for every taste.
While completing their phone, students will:
Practice searching for/adding images
Improve keyboarding skills
Practice changing and resizing fonts
Learn more about their classmates when they share their presentations
You will receive:
• A Teacher Tutorial with general directions for adding files to Google Drive and sharing them with students
• A PDF file with directions for this project, and a link to the Google Slides file that includes all templates. When you click the link, you will be prompted to make a copy of the file, and it will be added to your own Google Drive. *Note: If you do not yet have a free Google account, you will need to sign up for one prior to downloading. Instructions are in the Teacher Tutorial.
• Printable follow up activity: Classmate Connections- Students record things they have in common with their classmates after viewing or listening to their Cell Phone presentations.
• Optional printable templates in black and white if teachers would rather do the project without technology. Students would color in their phone and draw pictures, rather than insert images digitally.
• Blank Google Slides slideshow template for creating an optional class slideshow if your students are using Google classroom or their own Google Drive accounts
This resource is a highly engaging way for students to get to know each other at the beginning of the year. Directions for sharing the presentation with families are also included.
These are digital files. You will initially receive a pdf file with links to downloading the actual Google Slides resources on Google Drive. You can assign activities through Google Classroom, or share them with students through their Drive.
Download my preview file for more details, and check out my other digital products for Google Drive!
Cathy McGaffin, aka Downeast Teach
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near my logo on any page within my store and click it to become a follower.
You will then be notified when I post new products!