Back to School Digital Meet Our Class for Google Slides | Distance Learning
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Digital Meet Our Class for Google Slides is the perfect community building activity for the very first day of the school year. Whether in-person, remote/distance learning, or doing a hybrid version, your students will LOVE learning about one another.
The first days back to school are an exciting, but nerve-wracking time for students and teachers. We are all adjusting to a new schedule, new routines, and new personalities. I am always trying to find ways to connect with my students from the first moments they enter into the classroom while engaging my students in thoughtful work. This year I will be teaching students both in-person and remotely. In order to help us all feel like a community of learners, I created this resource to utilize in Google Slides, so that we can all get to know more about one another while learning about classroom expectations.
Utilize this editable resource to meet the needs of your students and your learning environment. Students can make the slides interactive or simply add text to share personal insights. I love seeing the creativity of students because the edits to slides are limitless.
- Share the copy of the “Meet Our Class” link with students.
- Allow students time to complete their slide.
- Combine completed slides for students to view and get to know their peers.
- When all slides are complete, students can read, discuss, and ask thoughtful questions to learn more about their peers.
- Slides are editable so that each Google Slide can be personalized.
Be sure to grab these other back to school resources to make the most of your time with this newest group of students.
- Back to School ELA Bundle
- Editable ELA Word Wall for Middle School
- Editable Syllabus Templates for Any Grade
Have an amazing school year!