Student discussions are key in the classroom. Within this product you will find a fun way to get students started in discussions with cootie catchers! Three levels of cootie catcher questioning is present, along with question word, definition, and stem posters. This is a great way to get kids talking AND listening to each other! Wonderful for Morning Meetings too!
Look Inside and You Will Find
★ Question Word Posters
If you are like me, you have discovered that one of the key issues with question words is students are struggling to interpret what these words mean. These question posters will get students using these words correctly right away!
★ 3 Levels of Cootie Catchers
Each level takes students to a higher level of questioning their classmates about their summer, favorite activities, and more!
★ Teacher Tracker
This page will allow you, the teacher, to track conversations in the classroom, which will help you to build understanding about students levels of questioning and conversations right away!
What you will find inside:
• 1 Why page for the teacher
• 1 Page of direction to fold the Cootie Catchers
• 3 Pages of student directions (1 for Step 1, 2, and 3)
• 1 Where poster with definition and stems
• 1 What poster with definition and stems
• 1 How poster with definition and stems
• 1 When poster with definition and stems
• 1 Who poster with definition and stems
• 1 Page with Could and Should - definition only
• 1 Page with Would-definition only
• 1 Teacher tracking page
• 3 Step 1 Cootie Catcher pages-These are basic, one question Cootie Catchers.
• 3 Step 2 Cootie Catcher pages-These Cootie Catchers require students to ask two questions of their partner. One on the first fold, one on the inside fold.
• 3 Step 3 Cootie Catcher pages-These Cootie Catchers require students to ask two questions of their partner. Both question words are found on the inside of the Cootie Catcher, requiring deeper listening and application.
All of this practice will lead to students knowing each other better and being better prepared to work together and form better questions throughout the school year! It's a great way to get any classroom moving toward a Student-Led classroom!
Other products you might be interested in:
Student-Led Learning Build a Game
Editable Student Table / Leader Checklist Freebie
Please be sure to follow me for new products, 1/2 price for a limited time! Also, all TPT Teachers love feedback! Please take a minute after you download to share how you feel about any product you download!
Julie from The Best Days :)