UPDATED for the 2017-2018 school year! You’re going to love these back to school activities! This bundled pack include a variety of activities that would be helpful to start the year off right in any upper elementary, middle school, or high school English classroom. You’ll also receive items to be used all year round, many of which can be used over and over again with your students as a reference.
With this purchase, you’ll receive seven categories of resources: back to school, writing prompts, helpful handouts, career education, mini books, interactive notebooks and seasonal writing.
• Eight great back to school writing activity resources are included here. Use these back to school activities during the first day of school and in the days and weeks that follow. With the help of these back to school resources, you’ll get to know your students' personalities, as well as their ELA skills at the beginning of the year or a new semester.
• You’ll get three HUGE resources in the writing prompts category. Find a full year of daily journal writing prompts (September-June), various video prompts that can be used separately or with the year-long bundle just mentioned and 101 writing prompts to be displayed on a SMARTboard, Prometheam board or computer for daily writing. The quality of writing will be different depending on your students’ grade level and ability, but the questions are comprehensible and differentiated enough to work for any of the outlined grades.
• You’ll receive an entire month's worth of daily career exploration writing prompts, a career-education project, where students can learn more about a job of interest, and a variety of creative holiday-themed career projects, to use at various points within a school year (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter). It's never too early to begin exploring careers with students!
• This bundle includes 15 helpful handout resources. Your purchase will give you access to a parts of speech notes organizer, short story notes organizer, essay notes organizer, essay handout, substitute feedback form, a reverse grammar activity and much more. These are the types of handouts that can be given as fill-in activities or perhaps on a day where you have a substitute teacher in. These are great to include in interactive notebooks, or you can hand them out for students to reference at any time of year.
• Twelve different interactive notebook activities are included in this bundle. They include foldables, quizzes, flashcards and flip books to review and reference various elements studied in English class including: essay writing, grammar, punctuation, and figurative language. The activities in this bundle were created to engage students while learning about important topics that they would otherwise not be interested in.
• Twenty different mini books are included in this bundle. These include an English Language Arts mini-book for essay writing, grammar, punctuation, parts of speech, story writing, figurative language, poetry, reading response, friendly letter, homophones, paragraph writing, point of view, speech writing, an MLA citation guide, plus much more! These mini books are great references for students and a handy resource to send home to parents.
• This bundle gives you access to ten different seasonal newspaper article writing resources, as well as career projects for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. The activities will give students time to practice their writing skills, while also learning how to properly write a newspaper article, resume, cover letter, etc. This way, you can teach the expectation at any point in the year using a fun, creative lesson idea.
With so many great no prep activities, bell ringers, printables, activities, writing prompts, back to school resources, interactive notebook activities, handouts, and more – you’re sure to love this bundle!
Check out the FREE preview for a better look!
Here are the products featured in this bundle:
- Full Year of Journal Writing Prompts
- Mini-Book Foldables Bundle
- Memory Mobile Project
- Video Writing Prompts
- Seasonal Newspaper Article Bundle
- Interactive Notebook Bundle
- 101 Bell-Ringer/Journal Writing Prompts
- Substitute Teacher Feedback Form
- Personal Logo - Get to Know Me Activity
- Friendship Exploration Activity
- Halloween Career Project
- Thanksgiving Career Project
- Christmas Career Project
- Valentine's Day Career Project
- St. Patrick's Day Career Project
- Easter Career Project
- Career Exploration Writing Prompts
- Career Research Project
© The Classroom Sparrow