This class book can be used for Back to School and as an End of the Year memory book. It is a wonderful addition to any Getting To Know you activities as well as celebrating friendships as one of your end of the year activities. Many teachers have also used this resource for Student of the Week celebrations.
My favorite features of this resource:
1. You can personalize each student’s book by choosing character clip art that resembles your student’s personalities. And… the pages are editable, so you can type your student’s names. The kids love it! There are 38 choices to help you match your students.
2. The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown is an ideal anchor text for teaching paragraph organization and structure as well as developing ideas with young writers. Don’t own the book? I have included two different SafeShare.tv links to read aloud videos to share with your class!
Included in this resource:
• 38 Editable Writing Pages to personalize for each of your students!
• 38 Editable Book covers to match the writing pages
• Anticipatory Set: Introducing the class memory book
• 2 SafeShare.tv links to The Important Book read aloud
• The Daily Routine
• Visual Directions to display in your Writing Center
• Writing Sample/Model
• Idea Web
• Blank (double-sided) writing paper
Please view the preview for a more in depth look into this resource. You and your students will love it!
If you enjoy the layout of these editable writing papers, you will love these too:
- Winter Writing Prompts and Winter Word Wall
- Fall Writing Prompts and Word Wall
- Writing Publishing Papers with Editable Writing Prompts / Titles
From my home away from home…
The K Files