Looking for a unique back to school activity for Grades 3-5? Try out an envelope accordion book! Engage your students and build a classroom community at the same time. The completed book makes a wonderful keepsake.
By popular request, a second grade cover has now been added to this set. :-) Please note that the envelope assembly may be challenging for some beginning of the year second grade students. Second grade teachers may prefer to pre-assemble the accordion.
This resource includes black line masters and step by step photo directions for making the back to school accordion envelope book with your students.
PLEASE NOTE: The accordion book requires 6 small, (3⅝ inch x 6½ inch) envelopes per student. I bought boxes of 80 at the dollar store, which cost $2 for a class of 25.
This kit contains the following parts:
1. Accordion book cover ("Grade 2, 3, 4, or 5 is a hoot!")
2. "About Me" insert with pocket label (picture, age, birthday, special talent, fun fact)
3. "My School" insert with pocket label (school name, principal, mascot, room number)
4. "My Teacher" insert with pocket label (teacher name, picture, favorite color, fun fact, special interest)
5. "Classmates" cards (names, pictures, fun facts)
6. "My Goals" insert (3 goals)
7. "Summer" insert (write/draw a fun summer memory)
8. Back cover with school year (2016-2017) updated yearly
Thank you for considering my Back to School Envelope Accordion Book Kit!
This resource is also available in a BUNDLE! Save money when you purchase the "Back to School" and "Year End" Accordion Envelopes at the same time!
Start & Finish Accordion Envelope BUNDLE
You may also want to check out:
First Week Rule Lesson: Wiggle, Didgi, and Pop!
Year End Accordion Envelope Book
Editable Owl Labels
Editable Dog Labels
Welcome Back Bulletin Board Kit
Editable First Day Certificates
Unifix Sudoko for Early Finishers
Reading Skills Lapbook
Grammar Lapbook: Through the Year Interactive Kit
Interactive Math Kit Bundle
Chrissie Rissmiller :-)