Also included in
- What a great time-saver and money-saver this sports bundle will be for you! This amazing bundle has a Sports Escape Room, a Quick STEM Challenge, and a Sports Print and Read resource.Note: All three of the resources in this bundle may be purchased separately. PART ONE: Back to School Escape RoomInc$7.50$9.50Save $2.00
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and even a free sample! An Escape room is a puzzle game in which students solve riddles and puzzles and find clues to finish tasks. In these Escape Room students solve puzzles to open locked$74.00$93.50Save $19.50
- Are you a busy teacher? Of course you are, so how can I help? I have designed this 4th-5th grade bundle to help you get through the first few weeks of school. The resources are engaging and will be what you need the most - they are time-saving! I have included math and reading worksheets that are no$18.50$22.00Save $3.50
- Are you a busy teacher? Do you need a few things to get your year started and save time? I have designed this bundle to help you get through the first few weeks of school. The resources are engaging and will be what you need the most - they are time-saving! I have included math and reading worksheet$23.50$29.00Save $5.50
- Are you a new STEM teacher? Are you looking for some STEM-related resources to get your year started? I have designed this bundle with you in mind! The challenges are engaging and will be what you need the most. And, they are time-saving! There are 3 amazing STEM challenges that will help you get st$21.50$26.75Save $5.25
An Escape Room experience for your elementary students is a perfect way to go back to school! An Escape room is a puzzle game in which students solve riddles and puzzles and find clues to finish tasks. In this Escape or Breakout, students solve puzzles to open locked boxes. This challenge was designed for third, fourth, and fifth graders.
NOTE: This Escape Room is available in a money-saving bundle!
• Escape Room Mega Bundle
For the first task, students will match word cards to categories. (The word cards and categories are all about school!) The word cards will give them sets of letters to fill into shaded boxes. After getting all the letters in place, students will unscramble them to spell a 2-word phrase. This will send them to get the lock code clue and open the first box.
For the second task, students will complete a math puzzler to find the lock code. This involves completing 6 problems and following the directions to fill in puzzle tables. By finding the correct answers and filling in the tables correctly students will determine the three digits for the lock code.
For the third task, students have a secret code to use in deciphering a secret message. This gives them the lock code numbers to open the final box. This task is provided in two versions. Version 1 has a secret message that will have students multiplying numbers to discover the lock code. Version 2 has a secret message that mentions a specific kind of candy and the lock code will be found on the candy wrapper. AND, the secret message is included in an editable format so you can create your own message.
BUT there is MORE! This resource also includes a STEM Challenge! You can use the challenge as a stand-alone project or use it with the Escape Room. The task for students is to design and build a representation of your classroom rules. It's a fabulous team-building challenge that will also help everyone learn your rules.
You will need three number locks for this quest. Directions are included to use this set without these locks! You will also need three boxes. This can be a plastic or metal tool box, but any box will work- even a cardboard box! Directions and photos are included for how to set up the boxes and locks or how to use a version without locks. You do not need 3 boxes and 3 locks per group! It’s three boxes and three locks for the entire class.
This resource includes five files.
File 1 includes the Escape Room- which has-
- Table of contents
- 3 pages of tips and tricks for setting up everything
- Box 1- 2 pages of teacher directions, two versions of the Matching Puzzler paper, the matching word cards, clues for the lock code, answer keys, and the box labels
- Box 2- 2 pages of teacher directions, the Math Puzzler paper, answer key, and box labels
- Box 3 – Version 1– 2 pages of teacher directions, secret code and message, page of secret code only, larger version of the secret message, answer key for the message, and box labels. For Box 3 – Version 2– 1 page of teacher directions, secret code and message, larger version of the secret message, answer key for the message, and box labels.
- Miscellaneous forms include hint cards for each task, an alternative locking system (made of paper), an All About Me information page for early finishers, information page for the STEM Challenge freebie, certificates to award students completing the task, and colored pages are provided in a black and white version
File 2 in this resource has an editable version of the secret message.
File 3 has a set of four motivational posters for your classroom.
File 4 has the STEM Challenge- which includes-
- 4-page Teacher's Guide
- Lab sheet with sample answers
- Constraints in two formats
File 5 has the STEM forms in an editable format.
Check the preview to see everything!
One more thing to note: The escape room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes and the STEM Challenge in about 30-45 more minutes -if your students are familiar with this type of format. If this is your first Escape Room/Quest it may take a little longer.
YOUR PREP: Print papers for the three tasks. This includes a puzzle sheet, a math paper, and a secret message paper. A word card set also needs to printed and cut apart. Labels for all three boxes are printed and cut out. There are many miscellaneous items that you can choose to print if you like. You will also need to prep for the STEM Challenge.
What are teachers saying?
- "My students really enjoyed this. Excellent step-by-step teacher directions are included."
- "Since purchasing, I use this every year with my students. Great resource!"
- "The kids loved this! I was surprised at how easy it was to follow and set up. We will be doing this again! Thank you."
For more Escape Rooms, check the custom categories in my store or click below:
- Land Forms
- Space Shuttles
- Winter Sports
- End of the Year
- Valentine's Day
- Animal Adaptations
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!