Also included in
- These units for Interactive Notebooks create a whole year of Secondary ELA lessons. Your students will create organized reference tools to show their learning, all while maintaining creativity and choice. These lessons, activities, and assessments are perfect for grades 7-10.Key takeaways of this fu$59.99$107.80Save $47.81
- Introduce or review key Secondary ELA texts with Escape Rooms! This bundle contains activities for Back to School, Introduction to Shakespeare's London, Romeo & Juliet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Lord of the Flies, and The Odyssey. (optimized for grades 8-10)Set-up has been made easy so that you$49.99$59.94Save $9.95
- Each of these escape rooms are highly customizable for your back to school experience. Both introduce students to your classroom (physical or virtual) and each other. These games are editable for any subject area and include clear instructions on how to do so.The four paper tasks are:1. Getting to K$12.99$15.98Save $2.99
- Are you ready to start your new semester with a bang? These back to school activities for ELA build collaboration, critical thinking, and classroom community. Students get to know your classroom, share about themselves, and interview peers. (optimized for grades 7-10)What You Get:1. Back to School E$17.99$29.97Save $11.98
Are you ready for a back to school activities your students won’t forget? This editable back to school escape room works for any subject area and is a great activity for the beginning of the year. Students strengthen their growth mindset as they overcome challenges as a team.
✅ Beginning of the year icebreakers
✅ Supply scavenger hunt
✅ Syllabus close reading quiz
✅ Growth Mindset Cryptoquotes (or “fill in the blanks”)
✅ Optional growth mindset writing activity
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “WOW! I just finished doing this activity with my 7th grade math class, what a way to start off the year! It was super easy to customize for my class and my needs. The students LOVED it. First time in a long time I heard my students saying "OMG this is so much fun!" I feel the activity helped them become familiar with my room, my syllabus and we practiced my expectations on how to move around the room and work in groups.” -Lauren S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This was a great beginning of the year activity. It was easy and a great way to get to know students and for them to get to know you." -Laura S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This was super fun and a great way to start the new school year. I love the examples provided so I could make it fit my class. I also loved the fact that it was a great team-building activity. Thanks!" -Alexia M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Such a fun back to school activity! My sixth graders loved this. I loved having a fun way to introduce students to my classroom, expectations, and let them do some independent classroom discovery on their own! No student wants to sit & listen to you lecture and give them a tour of your classroom. This was a great start to the school year!" -Kori F.
- Four tasks (Getting to Know You, Supplies & Resource Riddles & Hunt, Syllabus Close Read, and Growth Mindset Cryptoquotes) with instructions, clues, and hints
- A bank of Supplies Riddles and a bank of Syllabus Close Read questions (40) so that you can edit it to fit your classroom.
- Four station cards
- Student Answer Sheets
- A full Teacher's Guide with set-up instructions, editing help, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
- A poster for your door. ;)
This file includes an easy, medium, and difficult version of the Growth Mindset Quotes puzzle! Download the preview for more information!
If you're looking for slightly different puzzles to use for Back to School, check out my Back to School Escape Room, Volume 2.
Your download is a .ppt file, sized to print on 8.5 x 11" paper. You can use each task as-is, or you can edit them to fit the needs of your classroom. For example, the Syllabus Close Read contains 10 preformatted questions based off of my syllabus, but then you get a Question Bank of 40 questions. You can copy and paste these into the quiz to make this resource work for your students.
The backgrounds of the activity pages and station cards have been flattened to preserve title fonts and formatting, but you can edit the text itself. This video shows how to edit your resource. Instructions for use and copyright information are included in this resource. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. :)
Here's another Escape Room for Romeo & Juliet!
Since your students looove puzzles, check out my Team Trivia Bellringers!
If you're ready to make your own fabulous escape rooms, check out this Escape Room Template Kit. Happy creating!
Did you know that you can towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA