Also included in
- This is a bundle of Escape Rooms and Breakout Boxes. It contains activities for Back-to-School, Intro to Shakespeare's London, Romeo & Juliet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Lord of the Flies, and The Odyssey. Each resource also includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differ$44.95$51.94Save $6.99
- Each of these escape rooms are highly customizable for your back to school experience. Both introduce students to your classroom (physical or virtual) and each other. These games are editable for any subject area and include clear instructions on how to do so.The four paper tasks are:1. Getting to K$10.99$13.98Save $2.99
- Are you ready to start your new semester with a bang? These back to school activities for ELA build collaboration, critical thinking, and classroom community. Students get to know your classroom, share about themselves, and interview peers. (optimized for grades 7-10)What You Get:1. Back to School E$16.99$25.98Save $8.99
- This resource bundle will help you implement Interactive Notebooks for the entire year of English with older students. These lessons, activities, and assessments provide rigor and motivation for students, while still maintaining some cutting and gluing elements of ISNs to create a lifelong reference$59.99$100.54Save $40.55
This EDITABLE back to school Escape Room includes icebreakers, a supply scavenger hunt, a syllabus close reading quiz, cryptoquotes, and an optional writing activity about Growth Mindset. You can present this as a Breakout Box (groups work at their desks) or as an Escape Room (groups seek clues you’ve hidden in the classroom). It has been designed to take 30-40 minutes. This resource includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differentiation) and Answer Key. This resource has been designed to work for any subject area. (grades 6-12)
Need a digital resource? Check out my Digital Back to School Escape Room (Template & Tutorial)
1. Four tasks (Getting to Know You, Supplies & Resource Riddles & Hunt, Syllabus Close Read, and Growth Mindset Cryptoquotes) with instructions, clues, and hints
2. A bank of Supplies Riddles and a bank of Syllabus Close Read questions (40) so that you can edit it to fit your classroom.
3. Four station cards
4. Student Answer Sheets
5. A full Teacher's Guide with set-up instructions, editing help, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
6. A poster for your door. ;)
This file includes an easy, medium, and difficult version of the Growth Mindset Quotes puzzle! Download the preview for more information!
If you're looking for slightly different puzzles to use for Back to School, check out my Back to School Escape Room, Volume 2.
Your download is a .ppt file, sized to print on 8.5 x 11" paper. You can use each task as-is, or you can edit them to fit the needs of your classroom. For example, the Syllabus Close Read contains 10 preformatted questions based off of my syllabus, but then you get a Question Bank of 40 questions. You can copy and paste these into the quiz to make this resource work for your students.
The backgrounds of the activity pages and station cards have been flattened to preserve title fonts and formatting, but you can edit the text itself. This video shows how to edit your resource. Instructions for use and copyright information are included in this resource. Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. :)
Here's another Escape Room for Romeo & Juliet!
Since your students looove puzzles, check out my Team Trivia Bellringers!
If you're ready to make your own fabulous escape rooms, check out this Escape Room Template Kit. Happy creating!
Did you know that you can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Facebook: Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA