This is a review game I use to start my year off. It is a great way to learn about your students, break the idea, and team build. It can also be a great way to set classroom expectations.
There are 17 rounds, and they cover the following topics:
1) Common things students did over the summer
2) Common school supplies purchased
3) Classes students least want to attend
4) Type of food found in cafeteria
5) What students dread most about returning to school
6) Most common reason a student might get in trouble
7) Things students look forward to when coming back to school
8) Topics taught in a Literacy/English/Language Arts class
9) Qualities students want to see in a teacher
10) Common gifts teachers love receiving from students
11) Things commonly found in an art classroom
12) Typical things that happen during the first week of school
13) P.E. sports/games that do not require a ball
14) Extra-curricular activities students can take part in
15) Good work habits that successful students typically share
16) Adjectives used to describe how a student might feel on the first day back to school
17) Characteristics of a good learning environment
In addition, you get this high quality ppt template with incredible animation, sound effects and even the Family Feud opening song. It looks like the real game show!
This template is easily modifiable. You can mold it to fit your own personal classroom needs, and it can be used to create your own review games on other topics you may be teaching in the future.