Looking for an effective way to teach your students figurative language throughout the year?
Start with this Back to School Figurative Language set which includes:
- "How to Use" directions with suggested script you can use for teaching
- 8 Back to School Idiom Story Cards: These cards are perfect to incorporate into an "Idiom of the Week." Each card has an idiom and picture cue on the front, and a story with questions for guiding the student to define the idiom from context.
- An Idiom Matching Game which includes picture cues for both the literal and figurative meaning of the idioms.
- An Idiom Fill-in-the-Blank Story for practice using the idioms in context.
The 8 idioms included in this pack are expressions your students would likely hear or use during school:
- A show of hands
- Line up in single file
- As easy as ABC
- Nose in a book
- Learn by heart
- Put on your thinking caps
- Pass with flying colors
- Don't judge a book by it's cover
More themed idiom packs for the whole year coming soon: Fall/Halloween, Animals/Nature, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter, Sports, Mealtime, Valentine's Day, Spring, and Summer.