This 74 page packet contains four quick and easy craftivities geared for kindergarten and 1st graders. The nine literacy center
activities are perfect for beginning of the school year review, assessing the skill level of your new students, or introducing common core standards.
Bulletin Board Ideas and Crafts Include:
Rocketing into 1st Grade/ Rocketing into Kindergarten/ Rocketing into the School Year (Rocket Craft).
Flying into 1st Grade/ Flying into Kindergarten/ Flying into the School Year (Airplane Craft).
On the Road to Kindergarten/ On the Road to 1st Grade/ On the Road to the School Year (Car Craft).
All Aboard for Kindergarten/ All Aboard for 1st Grade/ All Aboard for the School Year (Train Craft).
Literacy Center Activities Include:
* Page 3: Story Beginning, Middle, and End (RL.K.2 and RL.1.2).
* Page 4: Story Elements (RL.K.3 and RL.1.3).
* Pages 5 & 6: Compare and Contrast (RL.K.9 and RL.1.9).
* Pages 7-10: Describe Graphic Organizer (support skill for .K.8 and W.1.8).
* Pages 15-18: Upper Lower Case Letter Match (RF.K.1).
* Pages 19-33: Long/Short Vowel Sound Sort (a,e,i,o,u) sorting mat, sorting cards,and recording sheets included ( RF.1.2).
* Pages 34-37: CVC-Beginning and Ending Consonant Sounds (RF.K.2/RF.K.3 and RF.1.2/RF.1.3).
* Pages 38-41: CVC Vowel Sounds (RF.K.2/RF.K.3 and RF.1.2/RF.1.3).
* Pages 42-43: Rhyming Words (RF.K.2).
* Pages 44-51: "Rocketing into ..." (directions, illustrations, patterns).
* Pages 52-58: "Flying into ..." (directions, illustrations, patterns).
* Pages 60-66: "On the Road to ..." (directions, illustrations, patterns).
* Pages 66-73: "All Aboard for ..." (directions, illustrations, patterns).