These are fun activities to review nouns, adjectives, and verbs during the first week of school or anytime of the year! You may want to begin with a mini-lesson on nouns, adjectives, and verbs, or complete as a class, or in partners depending on students’ ages and abilities.
This activity would be perfect for morning work, early finishers, as a writing center, or a whole class activity during the first week of school.
Included in the file: (Think carefully about what you need to print)
- Two examples of completed funny fill-ins. You probably don’t need to print these, it is more of a reference for you.
- Two pages for students to fill in their answers and then transfer. Completing these pages first allows students to generate answers without seeing the context of the story. This could lead to funnier responses. These pages are not necessary if you want to save on ink.
- The First Day of School funny fill-in with feminine pronouns for the teacher.
- The First Day of School funny fill-in with masculine pronouns for the teacher.
- Lunch Duty funny-fill (NEW!! Added 7/29/14)
After printing the desired pages have students complete the funny fill-ins and then share with the class. These pages could make a silly class book for students to enjoy all year long.
I hope you and your students enjoy! See more back to school activities by clicking on the links below:
Back to School Identifying Letters Freebie
Back to School Bookmarks
Wild about School Coloring Pages and Bookmarks
Back to School Color by Number
Back to School Add and Color Activity
Back to School Subtract and Color Activity
Back to School Multiply and Color Activity
Back to School Divide and Color Activity
Back to School Identifying Nouns and Verbs Activity
Back to School Comparing Decimals Activity
Back to School Prime and Composite Numbers Activity
Beginning of the School Year Bundle
Back to School Writing Prompts (Kindergarten)
Back to School Writing Prompts (1st-3rd)
Back to School Writing Prompts (4th-5th)
Fall Writing Prompts (K-2)
If you find this product useful please leave feedback below. To follow my store click here and then click on the green Follow Me star at the top of the page.