A perfect activity to get to know your students in those first days of school!
Students write a math problem about themselves. Students complete the following three pages:
1. An introduction page with a brainstorming activity, so students can generate a variety of topics to write about.
2. A planning page, which can be used for the students to discuss what a quality project would look like and what the requirements of the project should be. This page also has a section for a rough draft.
3. A project page, on which students write the problem, show work and a solution and illustrate the problem.
This activity could take one or more class periods, depending on how much you want to focus on the writing (for example, students can work with partners to peer-edit).
So much to do with the final projects!
· Use the word problems for future warm ups
· Display finished projects for open house/ curriculum night
· Have students exchange problems with a partner to solve
Detailed directions and helpful hints are included.