How often have you heard these comments from your students, "I can't do it." or I don't get it."? Help your students change their way of thinking when they want to say those statements to "I don't get it YET." Changing our students way of thinking about their learning from that negative comment to a more positive way of thinking can be very powerful.
This resource can be used in multiple ways!
What you will get:
- A great digital writing activity to help students continue to think positively! There are 9 different Google Slides™ assignments where students are asked to respond and reflect on the growth mindset quote. These can be assigned using Google Classroom™.
- Print and implement! These same digital writing assignments are also provided with lines for writing and are in pdf format for printing. Simply print and assign to your students!
- This includes letters for the title. The letters are in one file and can be printed and cut out as you see above or you can arrange them how they best fit your board! The quotes are on 8.5 x 11 sized paper. They just need to be printed and hung up! My students loved creating this board last year!
Ideas for Use:
These would be great for creating one bulletin board or several throughout the year!
- Each week choose a separate quote, have your students complete the writing activity and build your bulletin board around that quote of the week!
- Have your students work in small groups or partners to write about their given quote. Then have them share back to the class about what it means to them.
- You can also just use the quotes alone as a bulletin board.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU ARE SAYING:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Serina A. says, "LOVE these! We introduce a new quote each week during our beginning of the year Growth Mindset unit. My students refer back to them constantly during the year."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Bethany K. says, "I used this first for my bulletin board. Then I decided to have each one of my students pick one of these mindset goals that speaks most to them. I wanted them to pick a mindset goal to be able to go back to when needing some inspiration. After they each picked one, I laminated them and hung them up. Students could also post it in their locker for some inspiration on a daily basis. Love it!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Allison G. says, "I used this as a bulletin board for the character trait of the month. It was beautiful and left a very powerful message!"
Looking for just the bulletin board?
Copyright ©Lower Mountain Teachings
Permissions for single classroom use only
Additional licenses may be purchased for sharing!
Thanks for looking!