This bundle combines several student-directed project-based learning resources that are perfect for back-to-school relationship-building. These high school get-to-know-you activities set the stage for personalized learning and a strong PBL culture.
Help learners grow in intrapersonal awareness by exploring who they are while also learning about your students as unique individuals to maximize student-led PBL potential. There is also a great degree of authentic sharing involved in this resource, giving your students the opportunity to get to know each other better as well.
This is also a good opportunity to introduce project-based learning if you plan to implement PBL over the course of your class/session.
How to use this bundle:
- I like to use the resources in this bundle at the beginning of the school year or session to introduce project-based learning and better get to know my students. The more you know your students the better you will be able to guide them through interest-based, personalized PBL in the future.
- The "Meet the Teacher" bonus is best used before the others. It is a great mini-project for introducing the elements of PBL.
- The "Goals Through Artistic Expression" and "Storytelling" resources are more structured (teacher-designed), so might be more effective at helping students transition to self-directed learning if completed first.
- The other two PBLs, "Heritage" and "Real-Life Heroes", were designed to encourage self-direction. Students have more opportunities for choice than they do in the other two PBLs, so doing these after the other two is suggested.
- Each experience could take anywhere from 1-2 weeks. I always have my students working on at least two at a time.
What you should know:
- You DO NOT need experience in PBL to facilitate these projects.
- These projects were designed to be low-prep. They give students the tools to be independent productive workers, leaving you more time for facilitation and relationship-building.
- Each resource included in this bundle has a printable and digital Google Slides version.
- The resources in this bundle are not editable.
Each project includes:
- Teacher guide
- Student guide and research templates - brainstorming activities, planners, project checklists, etc.
- Project reflection
- Project rubrics
If you like this bundle, check out these similar resources:
Free PBL resources:
- Grab my free self-directed project-based learning implementation spreadsheet to help you manage projects and progress!
Helpful blog posts:
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star to get email notifications about updates, new resources, sales, and freebies.
- Join my newsletter.
- Find me on my blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Let's get social! Experiential Learning Depot on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
- Join the experience by joining my Facebook group, Experiential Learning Community for K-12 Teachers.
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: Mr. FISK Fonts