The first days of school are upon us and there is always a need for initial activities to do with students those first few days before getting into the curriculum. This product provides some good starting points to get you started.
Product includes five different documents covering writing about and drawing about summer experiences, icebreaker Bingo, and student survey questions for students to fill out for the teacher to quickly reference to learn things about each student.
1. Favorite Summer Experience
- provides large space to draw a picture of a student’s favorite experience and lines to write 5-8 sentences about it. Students can write more on the back if they have more to add.
2. Summer Experience Wheel
- a large circle broken up into 9 slices. Each slice a student writes one of their favorite things and draws a picture of it. The 9 areas are: favorite experience, place, movie, song, meal, people, purchase, book, and sport. The end result is a colorful circular wheel of a student’s interests. A great activity to be the first thing displayed on your classroom or hallway bulletin board at the beginning of the year.
3. Ice Breaker Bingo Board - teen to adult version (6th-12th)
. 36 square Bingo board covering topics fitting to middle school to high school. Could also work as a staff activity for PD. This version requires 6 across or 6 diagonally to get a Bingo to make the game last a little longer and to cover more conversation starters.
4. Ice Breaker Bingo Board - Kid version (K-5)
. 25 square Bingo Board covering topics fitting to K-5 students. Fun first day warm-up activity to get students moving and talking to one another.
5. 2 page 12 question editable survey
for students to fill out to help the teacher know more things about them and their possible areas of struggle. This is perfect to distribute when you are busy trying to take attendance or greet late arrivals on the first day. Keeps the students busy for a little while. This is intended to be something the teacher keeps to remember certain things about each student. The product comes with an editable version of the file if you want to tweak or add questions. You’ll need Microsoft Word to edit it. Also comes with a PDF (not editable) if you don’t have Word to open it.
Other products you may like:
1. Visual Writing Prompts with Writers Notebook, Graphic Organizers, and included lesson plan!
2. Alphabet Sight Word Posters - Word Wall and Alphabet in One!
3. CHAMPS posters and signs for setting visual behavior expectations
4. PBIS Posters - color coded with example behaviors to help students visualize cause and effect actions
5. Daily Schedule Cards with blank time slots - map out the whole day for the kids
6. Addition Math Pennant Wheel - colorable sheets for display of student work
7. Fraction Sequence Game - card game practicing fractions
8. Fall Season Bulletin Board Set - Borders, Editable Name Tags, Banners, and Sign
9. Math Problem Solving Posters - Color coded to easily follow
10. History of Transportation Mini Unit - 3 lessons (64 pages)
Pokemon products in my store see:
1.Pokemon Go Theme - editable name tags, posters & bulletin board borders
2. Pokemon editable poster, 34 Pokemon cubby numbers, 3 of my best bulletin board borders, & editable welcome banner
3. Pokemon Adding & Subtracting Bingo with 32 game boards and 272 math cards
4. Pokemon Multiplying & Dividing Bingo Game with 32 different Bingo boards & 208 math cards
5. 12 editable Pokeball styles - 3 of the same per page
6. 9 Pokemon Bulletin Boarder styles
7. Large Editable Pokeball name tags on 21 pages
The product is in color to catch attention. It will print fine in black and white for whole class use. Select “shrink to fit” in the print settings to ensure the printer centers everything.
Remember you can earn credits for future purchases by leaving feedback so please leave a comment on the product after you purchase it.
The layout, design, and writing are all my own. The summer graphics are free open use art from http://freedesignfile.com/. You cannot reuse the art without crediting where it came from. Please buy a multi user license if you are going to share this product with others. Enjoy!