While you are busy getting your attendance, lunch counts, and administrative duties finished, your students can be reviewing phonics with a fun detective themed mystery word review! This review offers students a chance to play detectives! Their jobs are to:
- decode mystery words (all geared toward back to school!) 7 pages to decode
- sort mystery words by syllables and spelling patterns
- unscramble mystery words 3 pages to unscramble based on letters in words and letter shape
- write a sentence using the mystery words (7 pages)
- draw the mystery words (3 pages)
These pages can also be used in centers, while testing, or as a cooperative activity. Use these pages as they work the best for you!
Take a look at the preview!