**Back to School Math and Literacy Centers- Kindergarten**
This packet is full of fun, engaging, standards-based math and literacy activities for kindergarteners at the beginning of the school year!!!
Topics include recognizing shapes, counting sets to 10, writing numbers to 10, rhyming, naming uppercase and lowercase letters, and writing letters.
Centers include the following:
1. Let's Match Shapes: Students choose two cards. If the two cards have the same shape, they keep the pair. Students keep playing until all matches are made. The person with the most matches wins. There are 2 different recording sheets provided, if you want to use them.
2. 1 2 3: Count With Me: Students choose a game-board which has the numbers from 0 to 10 on it. During each turn, the student chooses a card from the pile. They count the set on the card and cover the numeral. They continue until someone covers all of the numbers on the game-board. Several different recording sheets are provided to give options for your classroom.
3. Roll, Write, and Race: Students roll a dice and write the corresponding number on their game-board. Game-boards can be laminated or placed in plastic sheet protectors to be used over and over. There are twelve game-boards to use; six allow students to write the numerals, while the other six have the students trace the numerals. There are also recording sheets provided, if you would like to use them.
4. Let's Play with Rhyming Words: Students play a matching and/or memory game with rhyming words and pictures. A recording sheet is included.
5. Let's Go to Letter Land: This activity has 6 game-boards and game cards with all uppercase and lowercase letters. Students choose a card and name the letter and/or sound. If they are correct, they roll a dice and move that number of spaces.
6. Now We Know Our ABCs: Students will practice writing uppercase and lowercase letters. These pages can be laminated or placed in plastic sheet protectors. Students then write using dry erase markers. These pages can also be printed on regular copy paper for assessment or other practice.
I hope you find this product useful for your classroom!!
If you are looking for more back to school resources,
you might want to check out these:
*September Math Question of the Day*
* Back to School Literacy Practice Pages*
* Back to School Counting Sets Independent Practice*
* Back to School Graphing Independent Practice*
* Back to School Patterning Independent Practice*
* Back to School Lowercase Alphabet Bingo Games*
* Teacher, Teacher, What Do You See? Emergent Reader*
* I Like School Emergent Reader*
* Sight Word Mats for Dolch Pre-Primer Words with a Jungle School theme*
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!
Clip Art from Scrappin Doodles
and My Cute Graphics