10 Print Awareness Activities for Beginning of Kindergarten with a focus on letter discrimination; letter, word, and sentence sorts; and "letters in your name" activities.
1. Color by Letter or Number- Letter discrimination
2. Cut, Sort, and Paste Letters, Words, and Sentences.
3. Letter, Word, Sentence Sorting Cards- 48 cards in this set for small group work.
4. Bear Letter, Word, Sentence Sorting Cards (black line and color options). 24 cards for individual or small group work.
5. Cut, Sort, and Paste Letters, Words, and Sentences with Bear and Dot Frames.
6. Color by Letter, Word, Sentence. 4 options for different times of the year.
7. Letters in My Name/Letters Not in My Name Cut and Paste.
Alphabet Soup- 3 Great Activities
8. Color Letters in Name
9. Alphabet Search- On a class walk around the school, students look for letters.
10. Find a Friend- Perfect beginning of school activity. As students meet their classmates, they color their beginning letter on a letter grid.