PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
13.86 MB | 87 pages
These First Grade Back to School Literacy Centers are packed with hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! They are a perfect addition for your first grade classroom and have TONS of fun activities for the beginning of the school year! This pack includes 10 Literacy Center Activities!
Each Literacy center activity includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for student independence.
• Recording sheets for student accountability.
• Detailed how to use and prep directions.
• Easy to prep activities.
• Answer Keys
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included: LITERACY CENTERS:
• What is the Beginning Sound?- Identify the beginning sound of a word/picture.
• Global Ending Sounds- Identify the ending sound of a word/picture.
• Lunch Full of CVC Words- Sound out and build different CVC words.
• Sentence Unscramble- Put words in the correct order to make a complete sentence.
• Digraphs on the Shelf- Sort pictures by the beginning digraph sound.
• Reading Rhymes- Match rhyming pictures.
• Real or Nonsense- Sort words by whether they are real or nonsense.
• Playing with Sight Words- Build and spell different sight words using letters.
• CVC Words Mystery Picture- Match CVC words to pictures.
• School Syllables- Sort pictures by the number of syllables it has.
*Download the preview to see all that is included!