Also included in
- These Math and Literacy Centers for the year BUNDLED (Part 1) includes ALL of my math and literacy center activities for the months of August-December. There are 138 Center Activities included in this bundle with a 30% SAVINGS!!Students have so much fun using the hands-on, interactive, and engaging$30.00$50.00Save $20.00
- This Back to School Activities Bundle has everything you need to start off the year with a blast! Not to mention TONS of literacy skills, math skills, and FUN for your students!! This Back to School Activities bundle includes my Back to School Activities and my Back to School Math and Literacy Cente$12.75$17.00Save $4.25
These Back to School themed centers BUNDLED are packed with TONS of hands-on, interactive, and engaging Math and Literacy activities! They are a perfect addition for your kindergarten classroom and have TONS of fun activities for the beginning of the school year! This bundle includes 29 Center Activities!! (16 Math and 13 Literacy Activities)
Each Math and Literacy center activity is aligned to the Common Core and includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for students
• Recording sheets for student accountability
• The Common Core Standards that each activity is aligned to
*Make sure to download the preview to see what is all included!
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included as well as the Common Core standards:
• Lunch Full of Beginning Sounds (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Identify the beginning sound of a word/picture.
• See Saw Letter Match (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Match uppercase and lowercase letters.
• Coloring Sight Words (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Build and spell different sight words using letters.
• Letter Hunt (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Find and cover the matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
• Make the Cut (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Match uppercase letters to uppercase letters, lowercase letters to lowercase letters, or uppercase letters to lowercase letters.
• Spin and Graph Letters (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Spin and graph letters. A game to play with 2+ players.
• Sentence Unscramble (RF.K.1, RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A, L.K.2)- Put words in the correct order to make a complete sentence.
• Make a Match (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Read the uppercase letter and clip the matching lowercase letter.
• Let’s Write and Find (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Trace and write letters, say the picture names, and determine/cover the pictures that have the correct beginning sound.
• Swinging to the Rhymes (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Match rhyming words.
• Sorting/Ordering Letters (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Sort and order letters A-Z.
• Reading Beginning Sounds (RF.K.3.A, L.K.1.A)- Match pictures with the same beginning sound.
• Building Letters (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A)- Use play dough to build letters A-Z.
• Bus Stops Here (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Place the correct number of kids next to a bus to show the number.
• Roll a Number (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Roll a dice, count the dots, and remove the clothespin from the correct number. A game to play with 2+ players.
• Shape Search (K.G.A.1, K.G.B.4)- Choose a shape, find, and color the matching shape.
• Order Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Order numbers 1-5 or 1-10.
• A Pouch of Ten Frames (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Match the ten frame to the correct number.
• All About Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4)- Show numbers 1-5 or 1-10 on dice, fingers, and with base ten blocks.
• Spin and Graph Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Spin numbers or dots and graph. A game to play with 2+ players.
• Counting Mystery Picture (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Count groups of pictures. A mystery picture will form when the numbers are placed on the correct groups of pictures.
• Number Towers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Build different number towers on mats using unifix cubes.
• Order Numbers Mystery Picture (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Order numbers 1-5 or 1-10. Mystery pictures will form as they put the numbers in order. (2 puzzles each for numbers 1-5 and 1-10)
• Let’s Count at Lunch (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Count pictures and find the matching number.
• Building Numbers (K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4)- Use play dough to form numbers 1-10.
• Books in Order (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3)- Count to determine the missing number.
• Clipping Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Place the correct number of clothespins on the card to show the number.
• Let’s Write Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.A.4, K.CC.B.5)- Trace and write numbers. They will also place the correct number of pictures to show the number.
• Letters vs. Numbers (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A, K.CC.A.1)- Sort cards by whether they are letters or numbers.
Don’t forget to download the preview to see all that is included!
Need MORE Back to School Activities? SAVE here:
SAVE BIG with my Math and Literacy Centers 2 Parts MEGA BUNDLE!!
If you do not need these centers bundled, you can get them separately by clicking on the links below:
You can check out my other Monthly Math and Literacy Centers Bundled below:
September: Fall Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
May/June/July: Summer Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
First Grade Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
Visit my blog: A Spoonful of Learning
Follow me on Facebook