This packet includes several literacy activities perfect for a kindergarten classroom at the beginning of the school year!!
There are fifteen printable pages focusing on important kindergarten literacy skills, such as matching uppercase and lowercase letters, writing letters, building sentences, sorting by beginning sounds and emergent reading skills.
Here are the contents of this packet:
1. Five pages on which students match the lowercase letter with the uppercase letter.
2. Four pages on which students read a simple sentence, trace the sentence, and then cut and glue word pieces to build the sentence. The sentences use very basic sight words and a very simple sentence structure, such as "I can read."
3. A sorting activity in which students cut pictures and glue them in the correct column based on beginning sound; this focuses on the /p/ sound, like pencil and /s/ sound, like scissors.
4. An emergent reader little book entitled "At School", which follows the pattern "I can____."
5. Two handwriting pages: one with uppercase letters and one with lowercase letters.
These are independent practice activities that could be used as morning work, classwork, homework, or during literacy centers/stations/Word Work.
If you are looking for more back to school resources,
you might want to check out these:
*September Math Question of the Day*
* Back to School Math and Literacy Centers*
* Back to School Counting Sets Independent Practice*
* Back to School Graphing Independent Practice*
* Back to School Patterning Independent Practice*
* Back to School Lowercase Alphabet Bingo Games*
* Teacher, Teacher, What Do You See? Emergent Reader*
* I Like School Emergent Reader*
* Sight Word Mats for Dolch Pre-Primer Words with a Jungle School theme*
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!
Clip Art purchased from Scrappin Doodles