Students will love going back to school with Splat the Cat fun activities and printables that are aligned to Common Core Standards. Students will explore the adventures of Splat as they work on engaging practice sheets and work on literacy and math skills aligned to CCSS.
Students will enjoy working creatively on the following skills:
1. Dive Into the Story Practice Sheet- CCSS RL.1.5-Explain major differences between books that tell stories and books that give information, drawing on a wide reading of a range of text types.
2. Graphic Organizer-CCSS-RL.1.3-Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details. CCSS RL.1.7-Use illustrations and details in a story
3. Retelling Key Details Practice Sheet -CCSS RI.1.2-Identify the main topic and retell key details
4. Splat’s BIG Imagination Practice Sheet-RL.1.7 and RL.2.7-Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
5. Close Reading Symbols Bookmarks-Cut in half and distribute to students during close reading the informational text
6. Homework/Reading Informational Text/Close Reading-Read the informational text “Homework” before students do the “Who, What, Where, and Why Homework” sheet. This page could be used for close reading.
7. The Who, What, Where, and Why of Homework practice sheet-RL.2.1 Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
8. Addition/Subtraction Story Problems-1.OA.A1 and 2.OA.A.1- Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction
9. Draw a picture and write about an summer adventure with Splat- Students use their imagination to make up a summer adventure with Splat.