This Back to School: Math About Me Pamphlet/Trifold is a great way to start your year!
This craftivity was designed with upper elementary and/or middle schoolers in mind, so all activities are challenging, age appropriate, and fun!
Teacher Directions and Supply Page
Student Directions and Sloppy Copy (to do pre-work on)
Color AND B/W Math About Me Pamphlet/Trifold
- "Math About Me" Cover: Students draw a portrait of themselves and color code their shirts according to math facts they know
- "Mathematical Poetry": Original acrostic math poem
- "This or That": Students choose between different learning style preferences and chart the class votes. (Very useful data for teacher!)
- "Mathematical Minute to Win It": Assorted math challenge ice breakers. Students log accomplishments and discuss as a class! (Great for teacher--see in the first few days your students' confidence levels, background knowledge, mathematical vocabulary, etc!)
- "2016-2017 Math Goals": Students reflect and make goals for the new year
- "Riddle Me This": Personalized math riddles for peers to solve
This resource is an excellent way to start the year, get to know your kids, and encourage your students to get to know one another with a mathematical focus!
Bonus: you can present these at Back to School Night, Parent/Teacher conferences, and/or keep in student portfolios to monitor growth and goal accomplishment.
The Edu Stop