Back to School Math: Get-to-know-you activities for beginning of year that relate math to the real-world. Students will get to know each other and their classrooms while you will get to know their math strengths, weaknesses, and attitudes with these fun back to school activities.
Thirteen Activities Included:
- Figure Me Out Activity: Solve problems to get to know each other (Example Included)
- Reasons We Need Math Graphic Organizer: Draw and write about reasons we need math
- Your Perfect Day: Create a Circle Graph describing your perfect day (2 Versions)
- Summer Math: Explain how five things you did this summer relate to math
- Math Goals Graphic Organizer: Set two math goals for the year and the plan to reach them
- A Good Teacher / Math Teacher / Student / Problem Solver / Mathematician... Graphic Organizers: Brainstorm what makes students and teachers successful
- Find Someone Who... Math: Find classmates who meet different math criteria
- Summer Story Problems: Solve one of the two differentiated examples included and write your own
- Coordinate Grid/Plane Classroom Map: Make a map of important things in your classroom and name their coordinates (one and four quadrants)
- Line Plot Classroom Polls: Have students answer 10 different poll questions, display their results on line plots, and answer questions analyzing their data
- Back to School Dot Game: Reviews Math Basics and allows students to get to know each other while playing a fun logic game
- Math All-Star Trading Cards: Describe your math favorites and statistics
- Your Dream Job- Describe how your future dream job relates to math
by buying this in the Back to School Math Resources Bundle.
Get two more back to school math resources for only $2 more!
You Might Also Like:
Math About Me Problem Solving Challenge
Back to School Math Multiplication Facts Color by Numbers
More Back to School Math Resources