Do you need back to school math activities for your 2nd grade students? Try these no-prep printables or the Google Slides version. They are perfect for that first week of school and will get your second grade classroom off to a great start!
This back to school packet is a clever way to get to know and assess your kids' abilities!! It includes a great section showing what skills they might be lacking depending on how they answer the questions.
The "just print" back to school math packet is filled with no-prep printables while the Google Slides version will keep your students engaged and working virtually.
You can email the printable packet home, print to send home, or use it in face-to-face teaching. It is not only fun (and will keep them busy) but is a way for you to get real information about your new students.
See what teachers who have used this packet are saying below!
⭐ There are two pages for displays for Back to School Night or Meet the Teacher Night. ⭐
While your kids are busy “having fun” completing the packet, they will be giving you insight into who they are and what they know.
Suggestions for how to use the packet for analysis of student work are included.
Challenging and different! Not another "All About Me" packet. :)
This back to school packet also works very well as an early finisher resource any time of the year.
❤️ Why you’ll L-O-V-E it!
• “This is great!! It kept students completely engaged. They loved trying to figure out which problems to solve.” -LeeAnn R.
• “This was a great activity to keep students engaged as I met parents on the first day of school. The students kept working on it all week. It proved to be an effective informal assessment and review of their math knowledge.” -Doris McIntosh
• “Very cute! I LOVE having math activities that tie in to get to know you and the first week of school themes!” -2nd Grade Superheroes
• “Quick ways to assess where your students are.” -Stefanie Hauswald
Rigorous and engaging! Different from the usual "All About Me" packet. :)
⭐ Answer Keys Included ⭐
If you have an advanced 2nd grade class, you might try ►First Day of School in Third Grade
✋Looking for more engaging Second Grade resources?! Check out these popular resources!
❤️ How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
❤️ Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
- Follow me on Facebook for updates on new products and sales
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join my email list by visiting my website and ☺
Have fun Mathing!
Keywords: Beginning of the year, Back To School, Back To School Activities, Back To School Printables, Back To School Fun, Back To School Worksheets, Back To School Fun, First Day of School Packet, First Day of School Activities, First Day of School Fun, Back To School Learning Activities, Back To School Second Grade Activities