This is a collection of printable math activities that focus on math related to your students. These activities are great for math at the beginning of the year as they explore math concepts about the students.
These 12 activities are all based on numbers and math concepts related to the student. They are designed to make the first math lessons of the year fun, engaging and relevant to the student as they return to school. They are 'All About Me' activities with a math focus.
These activities allow for differentiation as students can be given activities that are most appropriate for their abilities. The expectations for each activity can also be adapted to individual student abilities.
- This packet includes 12 Printable Math Activities
- Fun and engaging using math concepts about the students
- Ideal for the first math lessons of the year
- Activities are No Prep or Low Prep - easy to prepare, perfect for that busy back to school time
- Includes Teachers' Notes for each activity
- Perfect as a first day of school math activity or for the first week of school.
- Activities can also be used throughout the year
- Ideal as ‘getting to know you’ activities with a math focus, as students share information about themselves.
- Includes activities for math centers, small groups and whole class activities
- These activities have been marked as being suitable for 2nd grade, 3rd grade and 4th grade.
- Some teachers have also reported that they have worked successfully with other grades. Please read the description of each activity and see the preview to determine if these might be suitable for your students in other grades.
AUSTRALIAN, UK, NZ, CANDIAN VERSION
The Australian UK NZ Edition of these activities with spelling and terminology appropriate for these countries is available at -
HERE'S WHAT IS INCLUDED:
What’s My Number? - A getting to know you number game for the whole class
Figure Me Out – Students Write Equations About Numbers in Their Life
Make A Me Cube - Students construct a cube loaded with information about themselves. This activity is ideal for launching into a study of three dimensional shapes.
Numbers About Me Poster Puzzle - Students construct a poster about numbers in their lives and present it as a puzzle for others to try guessing. This is an all about me, numbers about me poster. Use it as a display or a back to school bulletin board!
The Long, Long Me - A measuring activity using non-standard units.
We Are Similar and Different - This simple compare and contrast activity requires students to present their findings in a Venn Diagram.
How Many Do I Have? - This activity challenges students to find things in their lives that correspond to each number.
Name Values - This activity focuses on students’ names and has students calculating the value of names. It then challenges them to find names with particular values.
A Timeline About … - Each student constructs their own personal all about me timeline. Great activity that focuses on the calendar and linear time.
Give Me A Minute - What can they do in one minute? They are about to find out! Students time each other performing certain tasks.
When's My Birthday? - Play the guessing game. Record birthdays on the 12 colorful birthday month charts and students construct a Birthday Graph.
Eliminate Number Game - A fun number game that uses the properties of numbers relevant to the students' lives!
12 Back to school math activities for engaging students as they focus on numbers, time, measurement, shapes and math diagrams all related to the student!
A great way to start the school year and a great way to engage your students in fun, challenging and interesting back to school math activities.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Be the first to know about new products, freebies and discounts from Games 4 Learning (this seller): Click on the green star to become a follower and receive updates.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases: Remember to leave feedback for the products you purchase so that you earn your free TpT Credits which are redeemable on future purchases.
Wishing you and your students lots of fun with these activities!