Start the year off right with these 3 fun and educational back to school math activities for middle school!
This zip file contains three separate activities for the first week of school to get your students thinking mathematically while having fun.
The included activities are:
- Alphabet Math (a group game that focuses on math vocabulary)
- Square Sums (a group game that requires critical thinking skills and number sense)
- Solving Summer (an individual writing activity that will jump-start your students' problem solving and give you a great back to school math bulletin board)
This is a great way to get your 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students looking forward to going to math class each day and sets the tone for a challenging, but fun year!
All activities come in both color and black and white versions!
For more great middle school math activities, check out my two sets of back to school word problem task cards!
- Click here to see my back to school fraction word problem task cards!
- Click here to see my back to school decimal word problem task cards!
Clip art in "Solving Summer" activity by Ashley Hughes