These five centers are aligned with Second Grade Common Core Standards. I use them at the beginning of the year for my third graders; however, I think the content can be used in other grade levels as well.
1. Place Value- This center has 12 cards. Each card has place value models that represent three digit numbers. Students are asked to write the number represented on each card in standard form and expanded form. Then students are to name the number of hundreds, tens, and ones in each number.
2. Even or Odd?- This center has 24 cards with two and three digit numbers. Students are to determine whether the number is even or odd.
3. Two Digit Addition- This center has 18 cards. Students will have to rewrite and solve each addition problem.
4. Two Digit Subtraction- This center has 18 cards. Students will have to rewrite and solve each addition problem.
5. Ordering Numbers- This center has 12 cards. Each card has 3 numbers for students to order either from least to greatest, or greatest to least.
All centers have recording sheets for accountability and an answer key!