This set of math centers is perfect for back to school! Start your year off with these school supplies themed math centers that review 4th grade CCSS making them perfect for the beginning of 5th grade.
Click here to see non seasonal centers for all the 5th Grade CCSS Math Standards.
You can use these at the very beginning to teach math center procedures and/or small group procedures. These can also be completed by the students while you do small group math benchmarking or math conferencing with students.
I created these because we start the year off right away teaching math and I need something that my kids can work on independently while I pull small groups and confer with students. These are perfect for my students to complete during this time. These are also perfect for me to use to teach my students expectations and procedures for math centers.
This set includes 8 full color math centers that review 4th grade Common Core math skills making it perfect for the beginning of 5th grade and that time before you have taught new skills.
Here are the centers:
1. Pencil Box Patterns (Creating Patterns with a Given Rule)
2. Whole Number Marker Match Up (Base Ten Numeral, Number Name and Expanded Form Match)
3. Back to School Word Problems (Multiplying and Dividing Whole Numbers)
4. Folder Fractions (Comparing Fractions)
5. Simplest Form Sort (Simplifying Fractions)
6. Adding and Subtracting Fractions Word Problems (And Mixed Numbers With like Denominators Only)
7. School Supply Shop (Adding, subtracting, and comparing money/decimals)
8. Name It! (Naming Geometric Elements and Shapes)
Directions page, answer key, and recording sheet are provided for each center.
Check out my other common core resources by using the Custom Categories.