- Review math throughout the school year! These fun scavenger hunts provide active learning, while requiring your students to use critical thinking skills. The questions in the products cover most third grade math curriculums. These are great test prep questions.Table of Contents• cover card for organ$41.30$23.20Save $18.10
This scavenger hunt reviews many second grade math skills for beginning third graders; place value, rounding, addition, subtraction, time to the hour/half hour/15 minutes, comparing numbers, fractions, patterns, money, number line, pictographs, and bar graphs.
1. Print the Back to School Math Review Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock or brightly-colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Back to School Math Review Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Back to School Math Review Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during math groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.