Also included in
- Are you a third grade teacher who wants everything you need for back to school? This FULL back to school bundle with reading and writing activities will do just that! This bundle includes back to school writing lesson, back to school read alouds and lesson plans, back to school math challenge, revi$14.99$25.48Save $10.49
Make your skill review fun during back to school season! This download includes a series of 10 low-prep math challenges. These are perfect for reviewing 2nd grade math standards at the beginning of third grade. You will easily see how fluent your students are with each of the critical math skills they need, and they will have a blast!
Lead your students through a series of math challenges, with a bonus physical challenge for each set of questions. As students complete the math challenges, give them a sticker or punch on their paper. Collecting all of the stickers and punches can earn them a simple reward! This is a great way to have fun, build your classroom community, and see where you students may need additional help this year.
Why will these challenges help your students grow?
Engagement- Students will be engaged from the beginning to the end of the challenges. They won't even realize how hard they are working and how many skills they are reviewing.
Rigor- These challenges are closely aligned to 2nd grade CCSS for mathematics. Students will be reviewing the critical skills they need to be successful in 3rd grade.
Low Prep- You can just print and begin the challenges, or assign them online! There is no prep required.
A Google Drive and Paper Version of the Following:
- 10 Math Challenges, each reviewing a 2nd grade skill
- 10 physical challenges, each getting your students up and moving!
- Skills reviewed in the challenges are:
- Fact Fluency
- Word Problems
- Expanded Form
- Skip Counting
- Addition and Subtraction with 3-digit Numbers
- Estimating Length and Measuring Objects
- Telling Time on an Analog Clock
- Attributes of 2D Shapes
Your students will love the challenge format of this resource. It's engaging and fast-paced! They will have opportunities to move, and plenty of chances to demonstrate what they've retained in 2nd grade.
Everything you need to complete this math challenge is included in the download! If you choose to let students use math manipulatives, everything you would need should be readily available in any classroom. Otherwise, all you need are the pages included! This is a low-prep, easy-to-teach activity!
You may also like…
Copyright © The Friendly Teacher
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.