PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Engage your students in math beginning on the first day of school! Using this book, “The 12 Days of Preschool”, is wonderful for the very beginning of school because the first day is both exciting and scary for young children. Set your students at ease with this fun story about what to expect in their classroom and school and begin teaching about numbers on day one! Teaching math through children’s books will not only captivate your students, it will provide a meaningful context for children to communicate mathematically!
Your Students Will:
♦ Match quantities for the numbers 0 – 12
♦ Continue to strengthen their subitizing abilities
♦ Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities 1 - 12
♦ Use the patterns on the cards to put sets together and compose them into higher numbers
♦ Build a strong foundation for future learning in mathematics
♦ Practice retelling the story and build their vocabulary
Included in this Resource:
• Why is the Teaching Mathematics Using Literature Resource an Important
Tool for Developing Powerful Mathematicians?
• “Notice” and “Wonder” Sample Charts
• “Notice” and “Wonder” Headers for Charts / Charts - b/w and color option
• Pocket Chart Ordinal Number set 1st – 12th - b/w and color option
• Pictures representing each of the storylines in the book. These are for use in your pocket chart following the ordinal number - b/w and color option
• Storyline words for use in the pocket chart to follow the ordinal number and picture - *b/w option only
• Task Cards for each of 6 activities that teach the CCSS Math and explain how to use the materials included in this resource and offer options for differentiation - b/w and color option
• Heart Patterned Cards - b/w and color option
charset='utf-8'>• Ten-Frame Flash charset='utf-8'>b/w and color option
• Ten-Frame card decks, along with an optional reverse-side print, and extra blank cards - b/w and color option
• All related CCSS Mathematics Standards, along with the Standards for Mathematical Practices, important points regarding each standard, solutions for common student errors and misunderstandings, and, connections across standards, domains & clusters
• Notes for the Teacher with auxiliary information
• Vocabulary (math & non-math)
• Instructions for implementation
• Strategies for including Number Talks with your students
You Might Also Like:
——Kids Play Cards! Subitizing & Number
——Math and Literacy Activities The 12 Days of Preschool
Remember to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!
Also, consider following me and being notified when new products are uploaded because newly posted products are 50% off for the first 24 hours after posting! Great deals for my followers! That’s YOU if you click on the red button that reads “Follow Me”.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Developing Powerful Mathematicians Together!
Meaningful Mathematics from Lisa Luvs Math