Everything you need to create a Back to School Open House / Meet the Teacher Day - Safari Style! To help avoid some of the first day jitters, we invite our students to a Meet the Teacher event before school starts. This gives the students a chance to “meet the teacher,” get familiar with the classroom in a fun way (safari guide map = scavenger hunt), do some engaging back to school activities that introduce some of the manipulatives and areas in our classroom they will be using, meet other classmates, and snap a fun picture in our photo booth to remember the day. We also invite the parents to stay after for a parent informational meeting. This is a fun way to kick off the new school year and to make those all important connections with parents and our students!
* An EDITABLE letter to send home to your new students (color and black and white versions)
* A welcome banner to print and hang in your classroom
* An EDITABLE safari guide map (scavenger hunt) of activities
* Signs to display at each station
* Safari number and letter puzzles
* A self portrait and name writing activity sheet
* A math game (color by number) with a number die
* A safari book reading center with book suggestions
* QR code cards that link to animal videos
* Safari hat art center
* Photo booth ideas
* Parent forms: student information sheet, volunteer form, going home form, and sign in
* EDITABLE parent donation tags
* Night before the first day of school safari poem for parents to read to their child
☞ If you have any questions about our product, please email us at email@example.com. We hope you have a wonderful adventure at your Meet the Teacher Day!
You might also be interested in these additional themed days!
Make sure to click on the GREEN STAR in the upper left hand corner to follow our store for new products, updates, and freebies!
-Michelle Woods and Linda Ekstrom