Everything you need to create a Back to School Open House/ Meet the Teacher Day- Pirate Style!
To help avoid some of the first day jitters, we invite our students to a Meet the Teacher event before school starts. This gives the students a chance to “meet the teacher,” get familiar with the classroom in a fun way (treasure map hunt), do some engaging activities that introduce some of the manipulatives and areas in our classroom they will be using, meet other classmates, and snap a fun picture in our photo booth to remember the day. We also invite the parents to stay after for a parent informational meeting. This is a fun way to kick off the new school year and to make those all important connections with parents and our students!
* An editable letter and invitation to send home to your new students (color and black and white versions)
* A welcome banner to print and hang in your classroom
* A treasure map of activities
* Signs to display at each station
* A baggie topper for the pirate loot (color and black and white versions) they find at the end of their treasure hunt
* Pirate pattern block templates
* A self portrait and name writing activity sheet
* An engaging math game using dice, jewels, and/or coins
*A pirate book reading center with book suggestions
* QR code cards that link to a pirate video
* Photo booth props and ideas
* Editable parent forms: student information sheet and Back to School brochure
*Editable parent donation jewels
If you have any questions about our product, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you have a swashbuckling time at your Meet the Teacher Day!
Michelle and Linda