Are you a new music teacher or a veteran music teacher looking for some fresh ideas? Want to have a fantastic first day in music? Look no further! This is a tried and true lesson for kindergarten to get your year started! Kids will leave that first day saying your class is SUPER FUN! If you can get that reputation, the kids will buy into all the amazing things you teach them in the future!
Note: This file is included in the following money saving Back to School Music Lesson Plan Bundle.
Included in this File
• Detailed (yet editable) lesson plans for Kindergarten. State (GA) GPS Standards, National Music Standards, and National Core Arts Standards are marked.
• PowerPoints to guide the lesson.
• Links to any resources needed to complete the lesson. (List below)
• Essential Questions for you to post in your room.
Description of Lesson
- Students will go through normal first day procedures (rules, etc.) and then be introduced to a special puppet friend in the classroom that leads through how to Echo. Students will explore a variety of voices and movements and end the lesson with reading a couple of books set to music.
These lessons are meant to hook my students from the first day. One of the first things K students in our district learn is echoing and using our voice in different ways. I use this lesson as introduction to this series of lessons and to give my class a reputation of "fun" - then the students will buy into any lesson I give them in the future! These lessons are designed for my 45 minutes classes but you could modify them for 30 min or hour classes as needed.
This is meant to be a guide for your individual situation. Substitutions for any part of the lesson is acceptable. Additional items you need to teach the lesson directly as written that are NOT included.
• Cat Puppet (I use the orange puppet from the Making Music series, but really any stuffed cat will work).
• Book (optional): If You're Happy and You Know It
• Book (optional): Down by the Bay
• "Copycat Song" from Making Music. Alternative song link provided in resource.
Be sure to connect with me to get access to the FREE Resource Library!
Be the first to hear about new releases, product updates, and amazing deals and teaching tips!
Check out some of my bestsellers!
• Maypole Mania!
• Patriotic Sing Along
• Pitch Hill - Teaching Solfege, Teacher's Edition
• Rhythm Basketball - Get your kids bouncing to the beat!
• Rhythm Coloring - Great for Centers and End of Class Activities
• Rhythm Race Bundle - Music Center and Rhythm Game
• Recorder BAG Bonanza!
• Science of Sound - Detailed Lesson Plans, Experiments, and Presentations
Visit my other store, Pitch Clips, for clip art, digital papers, and other graphic materials!
- Stay updated on new products by clicking the green star at the top of the page!
For more ideas and fun:
Visit my website and follow my Blog!
Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on YouTube!
Follow me on Instagram!
Teach music. Love life.
Want to earn FREE products on TpT and make my day?
I love hearing how products help you in the classroom! Don't forget to leave feedback on items you've purchased - you earn 1 TpT credit for every dollar spent on TpT. These really add up!!
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at email@example.com
. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!