Also included in
- Are you looking for fun and engaging lessons and activities for back to school in the music room? Want to start your year off on the right foot, with lessons and activities your students will love?Save time and overwhelm at the start of the year with this bundle of Back to school lessons and activit$34.00$39.00Save $5.00
Are you unsure how to plan for the first day in your music room? Wondering how to explain rules and routines while still making music? This set of first day materials includes detailed lesson plans, rules, templates, and more! Lessen your stress and overwhelm when creating your back to school lessons with this set.
These music lesson plans for Kindergarten through Fifth Grade will start your year off right! The lesson plans are aligned with the National Core Art Standards, are editable in Google Slides, and include detailed processes.
Here's what you'll get:
- Six first day lesson plans (one each for Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, and Fifth Grade.) The lesson plans have time for setting up procedures as well as music making, and are aligned to the NCAS music standards! The Kindergarten lesson plan could be adapted for Preschool music, and the fifth grade lesson plan could be adapted for sixth grade music.
- Songs/ chants for each lesson, with notation and any game directions: Aiken Drum, Bear Hunt, Bee Bee, Bingo Bongolo, Bunny Game, Diddle Diddle Dumpling, Frog in the middle, Ida Red, Jump in, Oboshinotentoten, Red are Strawberries, Rickity Rackity, Sansa Kroma, See Saw, Tideo, We are dancing
- MUSIC Rules: The first letter of each rule spells out MUSIC. These come in four designs: safari-themed, boho rainbow-themed, travel-themed, and brightly-colored.
- Icebreaker Bingo: to use with 3rd-5th grade; comes with 4 templates as well as an editable template
- Seating chart templates: three row templates and three circle templates
- Class list template: comes in Word and in Google Sheets
- Directions for the set
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require lots of prep?
Answer: I created this set so that it would require little prep. The lessons can be used as is, or can be edited. The accompanying materials can simply be printed or opened up. You will need to gather materials for each lesson, such as a hand drum, maraca, etc. There are a couple recordings that you would need to purchase, or you could substitute with recordings you already own.
Question: Does this set require technology?
Answer: No technology is required, with the exception of a CD player or a way to play audio (i.e. through a computer speaker, with iTunes.)
Question: Which programs do I need to open up the files?
Answer: The materials come in a zipped folder, with a link to some materials in Google Drive. The file types include:
- Adobe Reader
- Microsoft Word
- Google Slides
- Google Sheets
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Great resource! I love that it gets the business part of the first day done without making it last too long. The kids get to sing and play and review last year. Wonderful!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I've been using this pack for the last two weeks in class. I'm so happy I bought it, but I wish I had purchased it sooner! My kiddos LOVE the "Jump in, Jump Out" game. This one's a winner!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I'm so excited to use these resources! I always feel stumped on what to do that's fun, but also gives me time to go over the rules on the first day. These songs are great! I also love the bingo activity, as it gives me information about the students as well. Thanks for a wonderful product!"
Looking for other lesson plans? Try these:
Follow me for product updates and freebies! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.