This resource includes tons of NO PREP fun printables for students at the beginning of the school year. The main reason I created this resource was for teachers and students to get to know one another and to establish a sense of community. All the pages and activities in this resource support creating a safe, caring, learning environment, where everyone’s thoughts and opinions are valued.
Your students will LOVE the games, puzzles, group activities, and more!!
Included in this resource are:
* 6 get-to-know-you pages to help students and teachers get to know each other as readers, writers, and more
* 20 printable, no prep puzzles (with answer keys, when appropriate)
* 5 printable, no prep writing prompts PLUS 10 writing paper options
* 2 game ideas to play with the class or small groups as a review or just for fun!
* 4 no prep small group activities
Some ideas for when to use the pages in this resource include:
* As daily morning work to build relationships between students and teachers
* During guided reading small groups
* During independent reading time
* To work with partners and small groups
* As an assessment for teachers to know what students understand at the beginning of the year as readers and writers
* As an exit slip for review
* As homework review sheets
* As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
* As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
***Download the free preview to see more!
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
If you are interested in other NO PREP Common Core reading packets, click on the link below:
NO PREP Common Core Reading