This lesson is designed to help your students get excited about the opportunities for improvements that a new school year brings, using the metaphor of a taking a “mulligan” during a golf game. Great to use for goal setting for the new school year!
1. Copyright slide
2. Title slide
3. Golf ball smiley face guy (lesson hook)
4. Explanation of slide 3
5. Idea of a new year equaling a fresh start
6. Image: Back to School= a 2nd Chance
7. Humorous hook back to slide 3
8. This school year is a mulligan
9. Have to take your mulligan before old habits kick in!
10. Mulligan = New Year Resolution (NYR)
11. Humorous (yet realistic for middle schoolers!) suggestions for NYR
12. Hook back into lesson’s purpose
13. Reminder everyone has room for improvement
14. Have to have a plan to stick with your NYR!
15. Strategies for goal setting
16. Don’t waste your mulligan this year!
17. Have a Very HappyNew Year!