This is a power point presentation that can be used for your back to school night/open house with the parents. This presentation gives them something to look at while you tell them what they can expect their child to learn. This particular presentation was done for first grade, but you can always customize it for any grade. The slides include colorful backgrounds and graphics. There are 10 slides in total. Slides include:
2. Language Arts-you can list all of the things you do in this area of the curriculum and then elaborate on each in your speech.
3. Assessments- list the formal assessments you give throughout the year.
4. Spelling- Highlight expectations for homework, program, etc.
5. Science- List your units of study for the year.
5. Math- List name of program you use and the concepts that will be explored and mastered.
6. Social Studies- List your units of study for the year.
7. Homework- List expectations.
8. Class Trips and Special Events- Let them know what they can look forward to and include dates if you know them.
9. Support Staff- List names of other teachers who the students may interact with on a regular basis.
10. Specials- List special areas and names of teachers that teach the special.
This is great if you don't know how to navigate powerpoint or don't have the time to build a presentation from scratch. You simply need to fill in the information relevant to your situation. You can always add more slides or delete slides you don't need.
by Shannon Gold