Back to School Pencil Beginning Sounds Match Literacy Center Activity
My kids are always wanting to play with pencils! So I made this beginning sounds match activity with a pencil theme. It is great for back to school but you could use it all year long!
Students choose a pencil box with a picture. Say the name of the picture and the beginning sound. Then find the pencils with the matching letters and place them inside the pencil box. Don't forget to show your work on the recording sheets!
- Teacher Directions Page (assembly instructions, center set up, storage ideas, and activity instructions)
- 26 picture word cards with all pictures and words used in the activity
- 26 pencil boxes (1 picture for letters a-z)
- 52 pencils with letters (Aa-Zz)
- 2 recording sheets (2 different levels: writing and tracing)
Have a question? Just ask! For business inquires, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE to download a FREE sample!
Here are some other resources that you may be interested in: