I'm sooo excited about using this Back to School unit this coming school year! I always start with a "Rainforest/Jungle" theme so I decided to add a picnic flair to the jungle in my room. I'll still have my Kapok tree and vines hanging but we'll throw a picnic blanket down underneath for our activities! :)
In this unit, you will find whole, small group, and "by yourself" ideas for your students as they get to know you and each other while learning manners and good citizenship. It is split into 3 sections:
"FRIENDS, LEARNING, and FUN."
There are cross curricular activities, a class book idea, games, worksheets, craftivities, a bulletin board idea, and book ideas for Chrysanthemum and The Animal Picnic!
I hope this unit is just what you are looking for and you will get excited about starting a new year with your kiddos! As ALWAYS, I love to hear feedback and would love your follows here on TPT. Have a wonderful new school year!
(CCSS RL. 1.1/2.1, 1.2/2.2, 1.3/2.3 1.4/2.4, 1.5/2.5, 1.6/2.6, 1.7/2.7, 1.9/2.9)
(CCSS W.1.1/2.1, 1.3/2.3, 1.5/2.5)
(CCSS L.1.1/2.1, 1.4/2.4, 1.5/2.5, 1.6/2.6)
* Basket Full of Manners craftivity and bulletin board idea
* A Treasure of Friends data collecting
* "Chrysanthemum" stick puppet with Feelings Craftivity
* Bubble Name Art
* Pick a Name Group Graph
* Class Compliment Book
* All About Me- Organizational Web and Poster
* Class Pledge Poster
* "The Animal Picnic" poem
* Rhyming Animals with Food Match
* "Take a Bite Out of Understanding a Story" worksheet
* Favorite Picnic Food Tally and Graph
* "Mind Your Manners"- Silly Animal Sorting Game
* "I Have, Who Has?" Friend "Chip" Game
* More Picnic Theme books
* Picnic themed paper for you